10/27/2008

something that adults like JDS and students agree

- the SAT's are a waste of time for students.
the stupid Collegeboard just want money and that's just how they're luring parents to waste a pocketful of money on those worthless tests. we shouldn't even consider taking them, since more and more colleges aren't bothering to look at them.

- video games are amazing. xD
c'mon, what would our lives be without any fun? I appreciate what video games did for students who get stressed out from probably everywhere.

- Korean parents only care about school and academics.

all Korean kids like us can feel the pressure that we get from our parents. most of the time we can't even tell them to stop yelling at us for getting B's cus we know what will happen if we do. one of the main questions that Korean parents will ask you are, "So what college/school do you go to?" and when you tell them whatever college or school you're in, I guarantee you that unless it's an IVY LEAGUE, they won't care where you went. you'd be just standing there like a dumb one in their eyes (in other words, failure). they are the ones who would force you to take hardcore classes so that you'll be the "best" in academics, thinking that will make you good money. but guess what; that's not really the case, and they probably know that too. they're obviously torturing kids who need some fun and comfort in their lives. okay, you get my point.

1 comment:

KrapyDNA said...

SAT's are not a waste of time for students. By studying for the SAT's, I've probably learned more than I have the previous 6 years of my life regarding English. I've learned little yet valuable proper ways of using the language and to accurately communicate with others by studying for the SAT's. I also learned to thoughtfully use a given period of time, which has helped me to do better in school. By the way.. just to tell you, College Board is a not-for-profit association.

Videogames are amazing. However nowadays when I play x amount of time playing vidgames I think of other things that I could have done
utilizing the time I put on my EXTREME ROLLER COASTER PARK. I could have read something to expand my knowledge, worked out to expand my muscle mass, or even slept to rest my tired body. And definitely, I could have worked on my strums and vocals. I think playing videogames to relieve stress is a dumb thing to do. Why not go punch a punching bag or run couple miles? It sure feels better and IS better than sitting around playing video games.

I feel like you are trying to justify not doing well in school or on standardized tests like the SAT's. Well, really.. it matters. Why does anyone bother to try to attend an Ivy League schools when making good money is not the case? Chances are, you are gonna make more money graduating an Ivy League school than a community college. I, and probably you too, live in a high-standard community, and getting a B is not enough around here. Maybe it is good enough for you, but I'm pretty sure you have some thoughts of regret when report cards come. I have regrets when report cards come. I did not receive a grade lower than a B, but I did not try at all this past quarter, and if I tried a little harder, I could have gotten better grades than just As and Bs. I used to think that all the parents wanted to feed off their children when they grow old and retire, but really, they taunt you to get good grades to make your life easier than what they have experienced.

And sorry, you did scream at the baby, and it was not nice, but this blog is nice :D